When it comes to allergies, my family drew the short stick. I grew up in a large family with lots of allergies, from sneezes to rashes to severe anaphylactic reactions. I spent years trying to tweak my diet to deal with my own allergies and sensitivities.
Enter the next generation. My son had childhood allergies to wheat, soy, and corn, but gradually outgrew them. My daughter’s allergies, however, began with reactions to dairy when she was 11 months old. Her allergies worsened as she grew older, and she is now severely allergic to dairy, eggs, peanuts, all other nuts, and sesame. Now I am allergic to bananas and mangos and have sensitivities to tomatoes and pistachios.
While I’m not the #1 allergy expert, I’ve certainly had years and years of experience with food allergies!
Hi! I’m Katie! I’m the one with the severe food allergies. I grew up allergic to Dairy, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, and Sesame. While having so many food allergies can sometimes be a drag, I wouldn’t change my situation. In having food allergies, I have become more aware of my nutrition and my physical wellness. I would love to help out other young people who are coming into this world with new and scary food allergies.
With this site, I’m hoping to help by providing fun recipes to try, advice on growing up, and answer any questions you might have. I hope you like our site, we sure put a lot of work into it!
Fun Facts About
- Jeanne read cookbooks like most people read novels.
- Katie goes to the University of Michigan studying Film and Anthropology.
- Jeanne is equally happy relaxing on a beach or hiking up a mountain.
- Katie enjoys hiking, camping, and hammocking. Her favorite place so far is Big Bend, in Texas.
- A great weekend for Jeanne is snuggling on the couch with her family, watching movies late into the night.
- Katie loves fresh produce and is often found at the local farmers market.
- Jeanne grew up on musicals and old movies. She has been known to break into spontaneous show tunes.
- Katie is super into music and movies. If you have any recommendations, definitely let me know 🙂
- It makes Jeanne happy when her son or daughter comes home and requests roasted veggies, lemon shrimp pasta or meatloaf.
- Katie is trying to go entirely vegan, so expect a lot of vegan recipes on this blog.
- Both Jeanne and Katie binge on allergy-free chocolate chip and double-chocolate cookies.