Are you looking for a different chocolate chip cookie recipe? The addition of caramel in this Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is the perfect addition to the standard chocolate chip cookie. I love the salted caramels which give it the perfect balance of salty and sweet. It’s a win-win combination! Try JJ’s Sweet Cocomels Sea Salt Caramels for dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan caramels.
- 1/2 c Vegan Butter
- 3/4 c Brown Sugar
- 1/2 c Granulated Sugar
- 2 Egg replacer eggs (3 tsp. egg replacer + 2 tbl. Warm Water)
- 1 tbsp. Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 c All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 c Non-Dairy Chocolate Chips
- 9 pieces Sea Salt Cocomel Caramels, cut in half
- Preheat your oven to 375° F. Line your baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Mix the egg replacer and warm water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream the butter and both sugars together until well-blended. Add the egg replacer mixture, vanilla and non-dairy milk and mix until blended. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt ingredients. Add half of your dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, mix well and repeat with the other half. Dough should roll together in a ball. If too flaky, add a bit more non-dairy milk. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of cookie dough into a ball. Cut the Cocomel caramels in half and place one half in each rolled cookie dough ball. Smooth some dough over the caramel to close up cookie. Repeat for the remainder of the dough.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool down on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. These are best served warm but can be eaten at any time.