Do you like crunchy cookies? I feel like everyone is either a crunchy or a soft cookie person. For me, I’m more of a soft cookie person; however, my husband is more of a crunchy cookie person. Given that I’m the one who bakes the cookies in the house, I normally make the cookies soft, but this week I decided I would be a good person and make some crunchy cookies for my husband. When cooking harder cookies, I sometimes struggle with taking the cookies out before they are overdone. So, I tried to think of other creative ways to give the cookies a nice crunch without risking burning them. That is how these Vegan Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies were born!
These cookies are very similar to regular chocolate chip cookies, but they have two new key ingredients: rice cereal and dried cranberries. The rice cereal gives the cookies an extra crunch and the cranberries are for some added flavor.
For allergy substitutes, I used Earth Balance for the non-dairy margarine, which comes in both vegan and soy-free. For the egg replacement, I used applesauce. Finally, for the non-dairy chocolate chips, I love the Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips.
While I’m not normally a crunchy cookie girl, I loved these Vegan Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies. They were so good and the texture was amazing! They were gone in just a few days! If you’re looking for a regular vegan chocolate chip recipe, definitely check out my Vegan Chocolate Chip Recipe! And if you want another variation of that recipe, check out my Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. I hope you enjoyed this post and I’ll talk to you soon!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies
- ⅔ c non-dairy margarine; softened
- ½ c granulated sugar
- ½ c brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ¾ c all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 c rice cereal
- 2 c non-dairy chocolate chips
- ½ c dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 3505° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Beat the non-dairy margarine and sugars together in a mixer on medium speed until it is creamy. Add the applesauce and vanilla and cream together until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the mixer and mix until creamy. Using a spatula, stir in the rice cereal, non-dairy chocolate chips and cranberries and mix well.
- Using a cookie scooper place dough onto the cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly brown. Cool and serve.