Nothing says fall more than chai, butternut squash, and apple. Yes, all three flavors together in this fall favorite. Flavors of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice, squash, and apple flavors all rolled into one subtly sweet muffin. Enjoy them for breakfast or for a snack. Your kids will love them too!
Dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free
- Prep Time: 45m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 1h 5m
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp. non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c non-dairy milk
- 1/2 c honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 2 egg replacers
- 1/3 c vegan margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes, roasted
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes, roasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut up a medium butternut squash and 2 sweet apples. Place on sheet pan and coat with one tablespoon olive oil and lightly salt the squash. Roast for 25 minutes stirring half the way through. Remove when soft and let cool. Mash the squash and apple pieces until they are finely mashed. Set aside. Skip this step if you are using already mashed squash.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners. Melt the non-dairy margarine and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, add the mashed squash-apple mixture, egg replacer, honey, non-dairy milk and vanilla. Mix well and stir in the melted non-dairy margarine.
- In a new medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until they are well combined. Divide batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until tester comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool and place on a wire rack to cool.
- While the muffins are cooling, mix tougher the glaze in a small bowl until smooth. Add more milk to thin, if desired. Drizzle on each muffin.