These easy, delicious spirals can serve as a breakfast, snack, dessert or anything else you want them to be. I LOVE them, and you will too!
***Please do not eat if you have a Pine Nut allergy!***
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 50m
- 6 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. Vegan Butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 1 Sheet of frozen puff pastry dough (Thawed)
- 1/2 c Chopped Pine Nuts
- Zest from 1 orange
- Optional: Raw Cane Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Roll your puff pastry sheet into an 11x16 inch rectangle.
- Mix together the cinnamon and the sugar in a small bowl. Heat the butter in the microwave until fully melted.
- Unfold your puff pastry sheet and brush the top with half of the melted butter. Then, evenly sprinkle on half of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Press this gently into the dough. I used a spatula to firmly press the cinnamon sugar into the dough. Now, flip the dough over and repeat. Don't worry if some of the cinnamon sugar mixture falls off.
- Mix the Pine Nuts with the orange zest. Evenly sprinkle this mixture onto the dough and press it down gently to get the Pine Nuts to stick.
- Begin with the long side and roll the dough into a tight log. Here, you can trim the edges if you would like. Wrap the entire roll in plastic and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Take the roll out of the fridge and take the plastic wrap off. Cut 1/3 inch slices from the log and place them 2 inches apart from each other on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Optional: Sprinkle the top with raw cane sugar or some other thick sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly browned on the outside.