This recipe for Lemon Blueberry Thyme Scones is one of my favorites and one I make often. If you love scones, you will love the combination of blueberries and thyme in this sweet but savory treat!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 35m
- 2 c flour
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 tbsp. cold non-dairy margarine (cut into small pieces)
- 1 c blueberries
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves (add more for bolder flavor)
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 3/4 c non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp. melted non-dairy margarine
- tsp. Raw cane sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With a pastry cutter or two knives, cut non-dairy butter into the flour mixture until it becomes the size of very coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the thyme leaves and lemon zest. Stir in ½ C non-dairy milk and mix well. Add more liquid if the mixture is too dry.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough and shape into an 8-inch circle about 1 inch in thickness. Cut dough into 8 wedges and place in baking sheet. Brush top of scones with melted butter and sprinkle with raw cane sugar.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
- If you prefer a bolder flavor, increase the amount of lemon or thyme leaves.