These Vegan Blueberry Oatmeal Bars will absolutely astonish you. They are packed with flavor and they bring back the sweetest of memories. I loved them and so will you!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Total Time: 50m
- 1 c Oats
- 1 c Flour (I used All purpose)
- 1/4 c Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 c Vegan Butter (Chilled)
- 1 c Blueberry Preserves/Jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine Oats, Flour, Granulated Sugar, Brown sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Salt. Mix well.
- Add the vegan butter to the dry ingredients. Cut the butter quickly with two knives until the mixture resembles small crumbs and it is no longer powdery. Do not overmix the mixture, you will want some of the butter to be visible.
- Set aside about a cup of the mixture (you will use this later for a topping). Take the rest of the mixture and press it firmly into the the parchment-lined pan.
- Pour and spread your blueberry jam over the pressed oat layer. Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture over the top of the jam. Bake until the topping looks slightly browned, for about 35-40 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into 12 bars.