These Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are perfect with their light lemony flavor and sweet lemon glaze. They are sure to brighten your day!
dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and vegan
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 40m
- 1 c non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2/3 c granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c non-dairy margarine, melted
- 1/2 c lemons, freshly squeezed ( 2 lemons)
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin tin. Melt the non-dairy margarine in a glass bowl and set it aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the non-dairy milk, applesauce, lemon juice, vanilla, and lemon zest together. Form a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients and mix together. Pour in the cooled melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the muffin tin three-quarters full and bake for 20-25 minutes until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean. While the muffins are cooling, mix together the topping ingredients and drizzle over the cooled muffins.