If you are a fan of sweet and salty flavors then this is the cookie recipe for you. This Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie has the sweet flavors you love of your favorite chocolate chip cookies but with the added buttery flavor of caramel and sea salt and it’s vegan too! Cocomels Coconut Milk Caramels are delicious and made out of coconut and sugar-free so it is easy to add them to your favorite chocolate chip recipe.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 20m
- 2/3 c vegan margarine
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce or 2 equivalent egg replacer eggs
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 c mini chocolate chip cookies
- 7 pieces of Vegan Cocomel's Sea Salt Caramels
- Fleur de Sel (sea salt) or other course sea salt for topping
- Preheat over to 375 degrees. If using egg replacer, combine the egg replacer and warm water and put it aside.
- In a stand mixer, add the vegan margarine and cream until fluffy. Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla to the butter and cream. Mix until combined. Add egg replacer or unsweetened applesauce and mix until batter is creamy.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Gradually add to the creamy mixture and mix until it is all combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir with a spatula.
- Cut the Vegan Cocomel's Sea Salt Caramels into 3 or 4 pieces depending on your taste. Using a scooper, form a ball of cookie dough and make a hole in the middle. Insert a caramel and form a seal the dough around the caramel and place it on the cookie sheet. Repeat for the remainder of the dough.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Cool on a wire rack before serving.