The Christmas season is not complete without these traditional Vegan Spritz Cookies. These cookies originated in Scandinavia as special butter cookies made with a cookie press. These cookies are pressed into special holiday shapes and decorated with sprinkles or icing. We have made these Spritz cookies vegan simply by substituting really butter with Earth Balance butter sticks. Now you can enjoy your favorite Christmas cookie recipe without missing out on the taste.
nut-free, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8m
- Total Time: 18m
- 1 c non-dairy margarine
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 egg replacer
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- a few drops of vegan food dye (OPTIONAL)
- Christmas sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the egg replacer and put aside for 5 minutes. Cream the non-dairy margarine in a large mixer bowl. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg replacer and vanilla and beat until mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix well. Add green or red food coloring if you would like to add some color.
- Place the dough in a cookie press and press cookies onto the baking sheet using the press. Arrange the cookies about 1 inch apart and Decorate with sprinkles.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden at the edges. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.