These cookies adapted from Pierre Herme and Dorie Greenspan and these cookies are SO good they could provide world peace to all! This Vegan World Peace recipe is full of deep chocolate richness and softness that you won’t be able to eat just one. Be sure to not overbake them as they should be chewy and not crisp and will harden as they cool. Be sure to bring these to your next party or holiday celebration and you will be the hit of the party.
Dairy-free, nut-free, egg-free, vegan.
- Prep Time: 3h 15m
- Cook Time: 12m
- Total Time: 3h 27m
- 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 11 tbsp. non-dairy margarine
- 2/3 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c non-dairy mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, and baking soda together. Set aside. Using a stand mixer beat the non-dairy margarine until soft and creamy. Add both sugars, the salt and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes more.
- Pour in the flour mixture, a little bit at a time. Drape a kitchen towel over the stand and mix at low speed until the flour disappears into the dough. Make sure to not work the dough as little as possible once the flour is added. The dough should look a bit crumbly. Toss in the non-dairy chocolate chips and mix.
- Turn the dough onto a work surface, gather it together and then divide it in half. Shape each half of the dough into logs that are 1 ½ inches in diameter. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. The dough can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 months. Frozen dough does not need to be defrosted before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. With a sharp knife, slice the logs into rounds that are ½ thick. The rounds may be crumbly after slicing, just squeeze the bits back onto each cookie. Place cookies on the parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes. They will not look done and they will not be firm; that’s the way it should be. Transfer cookies to baking sheet and let them cool until they are just warm.