I brought these Vegan Coconut and Chocolate Chip Blondies to my daughter when I came to visit her at college last weekend. She said, “these blondies are exactly what I needed after a long and stressful semester.” Which was just the perfect thing to hear as a mom. Honestly, last weekend I spoiled my daughter with baked goods. I brought her these blondies, some left over Chocolate Cake, and I bought her some amazing ice cream! She must have had the biggest sugar rush after I left. Oh well, you need to spoil your kid every once and a while.
These blondies are so wonderful. They taste like chocolate chips cookies but have the texture and consistency of a brownie! The coconut adds a little extra flavor that really shifts them from good to extraordinary! Can you tell that I really liked them? I mean who doesn’t love blondies??? No one.
I used Earth Balance vegan butter which comes in either vegan or soy-free sticks. For the egg replacer, I used Bob’s Red Mill egg replacer which is also vegan and soy-free. For the chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chips. These chips are also vegan and soy-free. And they are so good! I don’t want to admit the number of times I’ve gone into the kitchen just to grab a handful of them to eat.
Please enjoy this recipe for Vegan Coconut and Chocolate Chip Blondies. They are so good that they will quite literally blow your mind! And if coconut is not your thing, no worries, try our regular Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies! And if you want a different twist on chocolate chip cookies try our Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies! I really hope you like the blondies and I’ll see you next week!
Vegan Coconut and Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 8 tbsp vegan margarine, melted
- ¾ c light brown sugar
- ⅓ c granulated sugar
- 1 egg replacer equivalent
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 c vegan chocolate chips; divided
- 1 c shredded coconut; divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 pan with coconut spray and line the baking pan with parchment paper leaving an overhang on 2 sides. Make the egg replacer as directed and set aside. Melt the vegan margarine and place in a large bowl. Add the sugars, egg replacer and vanilla and mix together.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until it is mixed thoroughly but do not overmix. Fold in ¾ C each of the chocolate chips and coconut. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and coconut.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. Blondies are ready when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool and using the parchment paper remove the blondies from the pan and slice.