I’m going to be completely honest with all of you about this Vegan Gingerbread Cake with Vegan Caramel Sauce…it was literally mind blowing. Straight out of a gingerbread fantasy land. I was awe-struck when I took my first bite. Could I really be this talented? Did I really just make something that could make people believe in a higher-power? You might think I’m exaggerating, but you haven’t tried this Vegan Gingerbread Cake with Vegan Caramel Sauce. It’s flavorful and dense, while also not being too sweet. It maintains the perfect balance of melt-in-your-mouth goodness and jump-up-and-down delight. I really outdid myself with this one.
On top of it all, this recipe is insanely easy to make allergy-free. If you’re gluten-free, use gluten-free flour. Otherwise, there are no other substitutes you need to make. There is no need for eggs or milk or even butter. You use coconut or vegetable oil and that’s it. It’s just a few simple ingredients and a whole ton of spices. Paul Hollywood would be proud.
Who thinks I should apply to be on the Great British Bake Off? I know I’m American, but who cares? I want more than anything to be on that show!
Honestly, if you don’t try this Vegan Gingerbread Cake with Vegan Caramel Sauce, you are missing out, truly. It might just be the eighth wonder of the world. I couldn’t wait to use them in my new baking pan from Christmas. Don’t they look amazing as the cozy Nordic village. Almost too cute to eat. You can find another version of this treat in my Vegan Apple Gingerbread Cake or even my Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies. I will leave you to make this masterpiece, and I’ll see you soon 🙂
Vegan Gingerbread Cake with Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 1½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ T vinegar
- ¾ c light molasses
- ⅓ c melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 c water
- powdered sugar for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 8x8 pan or decorative pan with non-dairy margarine.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, add the flour, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, salt and baking soda.
- Add the vinegar, molasses, oil and water and mix together on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until batter in no longer lumpy.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick insert into the middle comes out clean. Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Make the vegan caramel sauce using our favorite recipe from Jessica in the Kitchen at https://jessicainthekitchen.com/vegan-caramel-sauce/.