Do you have a favorite recipe? If you’re anything like us, you have made a lot of baked goods over the years but there are some recipes that you want to make over and over again. Our kids have their favorite recipes too! Our son loves the Vegan Blueberry Coffee Cake and Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins and our daughter and co-creator has her own favorites; the Vegan Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake ( to come) and the Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Now that they are both away from home, I make sure to bake them one of their favorites every time they visit. This Vegan Sour Cream Bundt Cake is one my husband and my kids both love.
The key ingredient is the vegan sour cream which adds a richness and flavor to this cake that is almost decadent. Not to mention the best part of the cake is the cinnamon mixture that caramelizes as it cooks. You get a slice of cinnamon in every piece of cake. It’s so yummy that all it needs on top is a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Not to mention how versatile it is; you can serve it for breakfast or as a dessert and it serves a lot of people. Go ahead and try it and I know you’ll make this Vegan Sour Cream Bundt Cake your new favorite recipe.
This recipe uses a Tofutti vegan sour cream because the sour cream flavor is amazing. Their sour cream is thicker than regular sour cream so your cake will be thicker and remember to spread the batter before baking. For the non-dairy milk, you can use any milk you have or prefer, but I like Califia Farms Oat Milk. Other milk alternatives work perfectly fine too!
Thank you for reading! I really hope you loved this Vegan Sour Cream Bundt Cake as much as my family does! Have a wonderful week and I’ll talk to you soon!
Vegan Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- ½ c dairy free margarine, softened
- 1 c granulated sugar
- ½ c non-dairy milk
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c dairy free sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ c brown sugar
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a large Bundt pan. Using a mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the softened margarine and sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add the non-dairy milk, dairy-free sour cream and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add it the margarine mixture and beat well. The batter should be thick. Pour half the mixture into a prepared mixture and spread out.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon filling over the batter. Add the remaining half of the batter and fully cover the filling. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the tester comes out clean. Cool completely and turn over on a serving plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Leave a Reply