This Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake used to be a constant dessert in our household. We would make it anytime we would have company over and it always impressed. But as the years went on, I slowly forgot about this recipe. But recently I rediscovered it, and after years of not having it, I knew I had to make it immediately. I gathered my ingredients and got to work. When I was finished, I had a beautiful, delicious cake that sent waves of nostalgia flooding through me each time I took a bite. It was amazing! Just as perfect as I remembered…light…fluffy…sweet…perfect! Trust me, you’re going to want to try this one.
And did I mention that it is freaking beautiful?!?! Look at these photos! And it tastes just as good as it looks! The strawberries on top are *chef’s kiss.* On top of it all, the smell of this cake when it’s in the oven is heavenly! I nearly couldn’t wait until the cake was finished cooking to pull it out! I wanted to eat it immediately! And with a cake that looks this good, who can blame me!
For allergy substitutions, you will need some allergy-friendly butter. I like Earth balance which comes in both vegan and soy-free. The non-dairy milk I like to use is Oat Milk (but you can use any type you like) and the brands I like are Califia Farms and Chobani! Finally, for the non-dairy chocolate chips, I love love love Enjoy Life Mini Chips!
This Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake is the perfect summer cake! Trust me. Everyone will absolutely adore you if you bring it to a social gathering! Also if you’re looking for another summer dessert, this Vegan Lime Cantaloupe Granita is an absolute delight! As always I hope you love this recipe and I’ll talk to you next week!
Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake
- ½ c dairy-free margarine
- ¾ c granulated sugar
- ¼ c applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ c non-dairy milk
- 1 ½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ c dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 lb. strawberries, halved
- powder sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray the bottom and sides of a springform pan. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the dairy-free margarine and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the applesauce and vanilla and combine until thoroughly mixed.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture, alternating with the non-dairy milk. Combine but don't overmix.
- Stir in the dairy-free chocolate chips and pour into the springform pan. Place the sliced strawberries, cut side down. Bake 45-50 minutes until it is lightly browned on top and toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before slicing. Sprinkle the top with powdered sugar and serve.
Leave a Reply