Rice stuffing or bread stuffing? This seems to be the question debated by many every Thanksgiving and Christmas! Now, you can please everyone with this Savory Bread, Rice, and Mushroom Stuffing which combines herb bread crumbs with wild rice in this moist and flavorful dressing. The earthy taste of the mushrooms, pimentos, and parsley pair well with the herb stuffing and wild rice to make this the stuffing of choice for years to come. Looking for a stuffing recipe for vegetarians and vegans? No problem, they will love this recipe too!
Allergen info: dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, vegetarian, vegan
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 45m
- 1 package of long grain & wild rice (original not fast cooking) (6.2 oz)
- 1 1/2 c chopped celery
- 2 c sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 c vegan margarine
- 1 c hot water
- 1 jar (4 oz) sliced pimentos, drained
- 1/2 c chopped parsley
- 1 package (8 oz) savory herb stuffing
- In a medium saucepan, cook the rice according to directions. While it's cooking, in a separate large skillet, over medium heat, melt the vegan margarine.
- Add the celery and sliced mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Turn off and add the stuffing and hot water and mix well. Drain the pimentos. Mix in the pimento and parsley to the skillet.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well. Serve warm.