Have a lot of extra zucchini? Maybe your garden is thriving and producing tons of fresh zucchini. What ever the case, you should definitely try the Vegan Zucchini Fritter! Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside, just one bite will fill your mouth with wonders.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 20m
- 4 c shredded zucchini
- 2/3 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 c grated vegan parmesan cheese (we used Follow your Heart, but check the above post for more options)
- 6 tbsp. JUST egg replacer eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Shred the zucchini with a cheese grater. Place in a colander over a bowl, sprinkle with salt and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze out any remaining liquid.
- Place drained zucchini in a large bowl. Add flour, chives and parmesan cheese. Mix. Then, add 6 tablespoons of Just eggs (3 Tablespoons equals one egg). Mix well. Add salt and pepper and mix again.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once skillet is hot, scoop a tablespoon of fritter mixture on to skillet and flatten with a spatula. Cook for 3-4 minutes and flip and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Pair fritters with our vegan lemon dill aioli sauce or any sauce of your choice. Delicious!!