This Roasted Autumn Squash uses butternut squash which is my favorite squash to roast and my favorite to eat. It has a sweet and nutty taste that reminds me a bit of pumpkin. I also added some delicata squash which can be sliced with the skin on so it is very easy. Speaking of easy, all you need for flavoring is some olive oil, sage, sea salt and some pepper. The sage added a nice, rich taste to the already rich squash. It’s that easy!
Serve it right away or put in the refrigerator to be used later in salads, on sandwiches or puree it into a soup. It doesn’t matter, it will be great either way.
Allergen Info: Dairy free, egg free, soy free, nut free, vegan.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 40m
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 1/4 tbsp. diced fresh sage leaves or 3 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel the skin off the butternut squash, remove the seeds and cut into 1 inch pieces and arrange on a large cooking sheet. Cut the delicata squash in half, remove the seeds and cut into 1/2 inch round semi-circles and arrange on the pan.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the squash. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add the chopped fresh or dried sage. Toss to coat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Stir and cook for another 10 minutes. Squash should be done when it is golden in color and is slightly soft. Serve warm.